Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this position will collaborate with the Los Angeles based HRBP’s in all HR policy development and employee development related to Lionsgate’s New York based employees. Responsibilities:
- Advise and influence all levels of the organization on performance management, employee retention and engagement, and other aspects of the employee life-cycle.
- Work with managers to build career paths for employees, identify opportunities for training, new skill acquisition, and career advancement.
- Provide executive coaching to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues and effective employee communication.
- Collaborate on a strategic and tactical level with senior management on a variety of HR and business-related initiatives to support effective organization and operational goals.
- Collaborate with Legal on risk mitigation, contract negotiations and all employment related agreements including severance, release and consultant agreements.
- Partner with Compensation to support senior management on salary and bonus strategy, equity allotment and headcount approvals.
- Provide interpretation of HR policies, benefits, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
- Act as HR liaison between employee and other HR functions as needed.
Experience & Skills:
This position represents an extraordinary opportunity for an HR Professional ''to make a difference'' in our key operating units.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as an HR Generalist/Business Partner, preferably in entertainment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Compensation, Benefits, Training & Development, Employee Relations, and CA Labor Law.
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Experience and proven success in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience building strong business partnerships and executive presence, able to establish credibility and rapport with employees at all levels.
- Project and process management skills along with a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Takes ownership and is able to become the 'go-to' HR resource for assigned business units.
- Ability to coach and counsel both employees and management.