Summary of Position:
The Director of Corporate FP&A will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the company’s consolidated financial planning models and related company-wide planning and reporting processes. The position plays a critical role in assuring the timely completion and presentation of quarterly reforecasts, the annual plan, and long-term forecasts. The position also oversees the management reporting and financial planning environment (SAP-BPC) in close collaboration with company-wide end-users, IT and accounting groups. Responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the consolidated planning model; lead scenario modeling efforts.
- Lead the overall process for the annual operating plan and budget process, as well as the quarterly reforecasting process for the Company
- Drive corporate management reporting and related processes
- Lead and manage the overall process for the consolidated annual and quarterly operating plan and budget process
- Establish, implement and maintain effective planning and analysis procedures to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and close process
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance
- Develop and install key financial and operating metrics (KPIs) specific to each operating company and business units to monitor performance and evaluate/advise on the financial impact of short- and long-term decisions.
- Actively participate in the financial modeling and due diligence efforts related to the company's M&A, international structure and financing activities
- Partner and liaise with accounting, treasury, tax departments and business units of the company on a regular basis
- Assist in preparing presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company
- Collaborate with shared service and business units on systems and continual process improvement efforts
- Effectively manage small team to achieve expectations of executives in a fast paced environment
- Model potential changes to capital structure, acquisition and divestiture planning, shareholder returns.
- Partner and liaise with accounting, treasury and tax departments
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; CPA or public accounting experience strongly desired.
- 8+ years of experience highly relevant to the role; entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Proven success in process improvement initiatives
- Significant experience with OLAP analysis tools (BPC, Hyperion) is essential.
- Outstanding Excel modeling skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities to motivate and persuade others to accomplish organizational objectives in a unified and fluent manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely conscientious and detailed-oriented.