Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF) is a premier next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, TV programming and syndication, home entertainment, video games and digital distribution. Lionsgate theatrical releases include films developed and produced in-house, co-developed and co-produced, and acquired from third parties. Popular film & TV franchises include The Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight, Mad Men and Orange is the New Black.
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for Payroll Manager
- Manage and process the bi-monthly multi-state payroll process and ensure payroll is process accurately and on a timely basis.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax systems and procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Liaise with the HR department on an ongoing basis.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Manage preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.), as applicable
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience & Skills:
- College graduate and CPP preferred
- 7+ years multi-state payroll experience
- Extensive knowledge of ADP
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Must be highly organized
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.