Summary of Position:
Lionsgate/Comic-Con HQ is currently seeking an enthusiastic Social & Community Manager to act as a brand advocate throughout our platform and social media channels. The ideal candidate is deeply knowledgeable of the geek space, best in class in terms of creative ways of expressing themselves on social platforms and has excellent task management skills and in-depth experience with managing social media and online communities. This role will work closely with product, content and marketing teams to create promote and foster community interaction, identify feature requests, and analyze trends.
Comic-Con HQ (CCHQ) was formed in 2015 as a joint venture between Lionsgate and San Diego Comic Con. CCHQ is committed to building communities for fans that are driven to not only consume content but foster engagement and participation.
- Serve as the public-facing representative of CCHQ and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels as well as at in person events.
- Be an advocate to stimulate online conversations and interact with customers to nurture community and user engagement.
- Drive innovative and creative messaging for CCHQ and build out an identity for the brand that resonates with the audience in this space.
- Coordinate with media agencies to help create targeted campaigns for CCHQ and its show properties.
- Maintain social media editorial calendar and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute on the calendar including contests and giveaways.
- Networks with community members and identifies community champions.
- Multitask and prioritize multiple assignments from various departments.
- Use social media management, listening, and analytics tools to measure key metrics, community sentiment, and respond to customer concerns.
- Spearhead design and curation of email marketing efforts.
- Liaise with customer support team to ensure support inquiry responses maintain the brand voice.
- Work closely with the content and product marketing teams to maximize consumer engagement and coordinate campaign execution.
- Identify and collaborate with influencers to develop ongoing partnership opportunities.
- Manages and troubleshoots regular platform upgrades.
- Recommends and implements new community features as appropriate.
- Work under tight deadlines within a fast-paced and flexible environment.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media.
- Deep knowledge of the geek landscape including television, movies, pop culture, gaming and comics.
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- Able to produce high-quality work between multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines.
- Experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience within the tech, entertainment industry and/or social agencies is a huge plus, but not required.
- Necessary background in Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite, Google Analytics, CSS, experience with CRM software and/or YouTube Certified.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.