Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF) is a premier next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, TV programming and syndication, home entertainment, video games and digital distribution. Lionsgate theatrical releases include films developed and produced in-house, co-developed and co-produced, and acquired from third parties. Popular film & TV franchises include the Hunger Games franchise, the Now You See Me and John Wick series, Nerve, The Royals, the Golden Globe-nominated dramedy Casual and the breakout success Greenleaf.
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an opportunity for a highly experienced business litigation attorney to work in the Office of General Counsel. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior associate or partner-level attorney who is looking to leave law firm practice and go in-house and wants to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Resolve problems and disputes as they arise across all departments in the company including Motion Picture and Television Production, Home Video Distribution, Theatrical Releasing, Publicity, Merchandising, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Royalty Participation, Guild Relations, Office Leasing, and Software Licensing. Some work will also be for the Starz channel subsidiary.
- Oversee outside firms handling litigation matters by planning strategy, reviewing and approving law and motion papers, and liaising with executives to provide responses to discovery, structuring settlements and negotiating legal bills and retainers. (The position does not require drafting briefs or making court appearances, but will require occasional deposition defense for executives pursuant to third party subpoenas.)
- Candidates should also be capable of lending support as needed in general corporate matters including the negotiation and completion of major vendor agreements and M&A due diligence.
Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and experience with the following areas of law: Copyright, Trademark, Right of Publicity, Defamation, Breach of Contract, Royalty Participation, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Employment, Labor, and Vendor contracts.
- At least 7 years of law firm or in-house experience.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize and manage all aspects of litigation independently as the lead attorney from start to finish.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills for legal and business points.
- The ability to efficiently communicate and interact with senior level staff along with excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of public company corporate reporting compliance is a plus.
- Contract drafting experience is a plus.
- Must be a licensed attorney who is a current member of the California Bar.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment. The job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.