Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big business problems?
If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility,creativity,our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we previously were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
The Cossette Halifax team is expanding! We are looking for an ambitious and highly skilled front-end web developer to join the team and help push our client solutions to the next level.
This is not your typical marketing agency web development position. It focuses on building attractive and intricate user interfaces, for a variety of regional and national brands, using a huge source of photos, videos, and technical data. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional front-end web developer, but also interested in expanding their skill set into back-end development and data-analysis. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build advanced web apps, this is the position for you.
● Develop beautiful CSS layouts and widgets using responsive techniques
● Develop rock-solid JS components to provide highly interactive website features
● Implement powerful search and compare UI’s that enable users to explore extensive product databases
● Build exceptional visual experiences that showcase a particular product via photos, videos, and animation
● Build eye-catching widgets that clearly communicate technical data to users
● Take Photoshop and InDesign mockups, and turn them into fully functional website components
● Analyze some strict brand guideline documents, and write hand-rolled CSS to match
● Write JS that interacts with a variety of data sources and web services, to build a dynamic, scalable, and distributed front-end architecture
● Work closely with other developers, business analysts, and creative designers, to continuously analyze requirements, implement new features, and refine existing solutions
● Significant experience programming advanced website user interfaces
● Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
● Excellent knowledge of mobile-first/progressive-enhancement concepts
● Experience with revision control systems such as GIT or SVN
● Good code testing & debugging skills, with a strong attention to detail
● A positive and professional attitude, strong personal organization skills, and the ability to work within a diverse team environment
Nice to have
● Familiarity with some form of JS/CSS build & automation tools such as gulp.js, webpack, Sass
● Familiarity with asynchronous and concurrent programming concepts, such as Promises/Futures
● Familiarity with PHP or Python
● Ability to maintain your own personal dev environment (LAMP etc.)
● Experience or interest in the following would also be considered an asset: SystemJS, SQL, Bootstrap and other JS or PHP/Python frameworks, Babel, Web Assembly, JSON-LD, Service Workers, automotive industry, Linux terminal, Windows
This position offers opportunities for technical leadership and skill development, and lots of exciting challenges to showcase your talent. Get to work with a fantastic team of individuals, in a great downtown location. Cossette offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package.
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
- We offer the opportunity to work with leading industry clients
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly
- We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
- In order to foster this we offer:
- A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
- A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
- Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Take a look at our career website. Perhaps there is an opportunity that is waiting for you!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.