Summary of Position:
Lionsgate Internal Audit has an immediate opening for a Manager of Operational Audits. This position will report to the SVP, Internal Audit and interact with other departments outside of audit and focus primarily on partner audits and other assigned projects. As a member of the Internal Audit staff, this individual is expected to serve to primarily facilitate between key groups involved in such partner audits.
Initial day to day responsibilities will focus on hiring independent audit firms (which will include working with Procurement on developing and finalizing requests for proposals) and then managing third party auditors as per agreed upon audit project calendar as well as working with various departments (such as Content Operations and Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Product Fulfillment, Accounting and Finance and Legal) and their related vendor's involved in such audits; interpreting contractual opportunities to audit, providing necessary departmental data and other requested information to the auditors, reviewing and recommending changes as necessary to preliminary audit results, ensuring expedient recovery as well as compiling metrics for executive audit reporting and conducting other internal operational audits as necessary. This individual will also be expected to manage competing priorities on a daily basis, be outgoing, ambitious and personable. Responsibilities:
• Work with various departments to analyze, contrast and understand licensing and other agreements, including Most Favored Nation, title windows, holdbacks, and identify audit provisions for future audits.
• Apply contractual terms, pricing policies and tables, revenue models, avails data, and various business structures to financial/operational supply chain for continuous process efficiency.
• Select audit candidate, work with Procurement to engage third party auditor to initiate discovery, attentively collaborate for efficient claim issuance and swift resolution.
• Work with third party audit firm to successfully manage on-going audits performed, review all aspects of the audit from audit notification to final audit reports, including department status meetings and the like.
• Engage with all varying levels of management at Lionsgate, retail partners, third party vendors and industry as a whole, including running point to resolve any issues between the departments, auditors and/or the vendors as well as identifying when to escalate issues to management.
• Identify all potential audit areas in such areas as Home Entertainment, Television supply chain initiatives, vendor service agreements, market challenges, rights/acquisitions, distribution agreements and the like.
• Track, analyze and communicate key quantitative and qualitative metrics by audit - and apply lessons learned from the metrics in Lionsgate's business as well as third party audit results.
• Adapt quickly to an entrepreneurial business environment and rapidly evolving industry.
• Manage special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
• 7+ years of combined experience in financial reporting, internal/external audit, accounting and/or financial operations (entertainment industry preferred).
• Both financial and IT related digital, mobile, cable, satellite, revenue share and cloud technology experience strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with content distribution contractual language, preferred.
• Exceptional business acumen, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical mindset and comfort with Microsoft Office suite of products; Excel (including macros, formulas and pivot tables), Power Point and enterprise-level applications such as SAP and Business Objects.
• Self-Starter that thrives in a collaborative environment with competing deadlines.
• Strong sense of task ownership and urgency to drive results.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to evaluate and problem solve within the complex areas of distribution, under minimal supervision
• Exhibit critical thinking to promote process efficiencies, interpret financial data, and to draw conclusions.
• CPA/MBA strongly preferred.