Summary of Position:
Pop Media is seeking a Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs to join the team. Reporting to the COO/GC, this position is responsible for negotiating, drafting, and overseeing compliance of domestic and international cable, satellite, telco and OTT distribution for linear, TVE, FVOD, SVOD, AVOD and EST platforms.
- Oversee legal issues related to distribution relationships, including MFN analysis and compliance.
- Negotiate rights for digital platforms, including outbound and inbound content license agreements, technology development agreements, advertising network agreements, software and video player licenses and service/maintenance agreements.
- Draft agreements for in-house and third party original programming development and production, acquisitions of licensed movies and series, talent services, promotions and sweepstakes, and product integration.
- Oversee trademark portfolio, including enforcement, protection and licensing domestically and internationally.
- Manage music licensing and publishing and registration of music copyrights.
- Serve as primary advisor to diverse business units on day-to-day legal matters such as contractual rights, rights clearances, privacy issues, bankruptcy and litigation, collections, broadcast operations and intellectual property.
- Review programming for copyright clearance, fair use and standards and practices compliance
Experience & Skills:
Experience & Skills:
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit confidence and leadership skills while interacting with executives across multiple department
- min 7 years of similar experience is required
- Must possess a JD and be licensed in CA
- Expert contract drafting and negotiation skills
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.