Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager (APM). The primary responsibility of the APM is to ensure accurate payment processing in accordance with the company’s internal control processes and procedures. The APM will be responsible for the oversight of processing domestic and international vendor payments (some for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoices), check requests, and expense reports. The ideal candidate should have solid communication and organizational skills and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to do what it takes to get the job done. Responsibilities:
- Supervise the accounts payable department.
- Maintain proper vendor master files in SAP by overseeing vendor set up and performing maintenance, deactivation, etc. as needed on a regular basis.
- Evaluate daily invoice entry activity for possible duplicates. Review potential duplicates with AP staff and operational departments as needed.
- Reconcile the Accounts Payable Sub Ledger to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Perform Accounts Payable aging analysis to be provided to Treasury for cash requirements on a weekly basis.
- Perform General Ledger postings including accruals and monthly/quarterly/year-end account reconciliations for procure to pay related accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the American Express Corporate Account Reconciliation Tool (“CAR”) and the Concur Expense Reporting Tool (“CCER”).
- Prepare the annual creation and distribution of 1099’s as per IRS requirements.
- Work with Internal Audit on reviews and perform Accounts Payable walkthroughs and Sarbanes Oxley testing as required.
- Special projects as needed.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or a related area.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work experience (finance, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable).
- At least 1 – 2 years supervisory experience.
- At least 1 – 2 years hands on experience with SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. In particular, the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Materials Management (Purchasing) modules.
- Experience working with multi entities as the company’s accounts payable function is centralized.
- Excellent Excel skills (ability to organize large data sets for analysis) and good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with an ability to interact professionally within a diverse group - senior management, directors, managers, colleagues and external entities.
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to handle changing circumstances and reprioritize when necessary.