Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
This position will be part-time over the course of the summer to the end of 2018 working 15 hours per week. There is a possibility of some work outside of these days depending on activities occurring with Indiana American Water. This position has the potential of continuing part-time during the remainder of the year with flexible hours dependent on the student's schedule.
Indiana American Water is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Intern to assist manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and help coordinate the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications intern. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
• Participate in developing effective corporate communication strategies.
• Generate content for internal & external communications (memos, newsletters, news releases, web & social media, etc.).
• Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to produce copy/graphics for advertisements or articles.
• Coordinate with the Manager of External Affairs to translate creative concepts into print, online and other collateral materials.
• Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
• Assist with integration of new customers resulting from acquisition of water and wastewater utilities.
Knowledge / Skills
Excellent written communication skills
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Strong attention to detail.
Experience in copywriting and editing.
Working knowledge of MS Office, photo & video editing and design software is an asset.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.