Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is seeking a dual role Junior Accountant/Administrative Assistant to the EVP Assistant Treasurer. The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to provide overall day to day administrative support. The ideal candidate should have solid communication and organizational skills and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to do what it takes to get the job done. The position offers visibility into the day to day workings of accounting and cash management with potential for growth to the right person.
- Recording daily cash transfers;
- Executing electronic bank deposits daily and distributing summaries to necessary parties;
- Creating summary schedules in excel as requested;
- Assist with Accounts Payable processing as requested;
- Drafting correspondence for review and eventual distribution to banks, vendors, internal parties of interest, etc.;
- Maintaining schedule of festival, market and award show dates with check list of deliverables (budgets, travel authorizations for those approved to attend, coding and allocations, etc.) from internal departments before spend can occur.
- Ordering office supplies as needed;
- Answer phones when necessary to identify and prioritize urgent requests from internal and external departments when SVP is in meetings or unavailable.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and/or prior 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role within and Accounting or Finance Department.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to handle changing circumstances and reprioritize when necessary.
- SAP experience a plus.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.