Summary of Position:
Laugh Out Loud is a comedy brand and multi-platform network founded by the world's top comedian Kevin Hart, in partnership with Lionsgate. Through his streaming video service Hart delivers his vision for the future of comedy: social, mobile, multicultural and seriously funny. From stand-up legends to globally-recognized digital influencers, Hart and LOL curate comedy's boldest voices to produce original scripted and unscripted series, stand-up specials, live broadcasts and special events. Hart brings the groundbreaking social-first strategy that earned him 100 million+ followers to Laugh Out Loud, with one core mission: keep the world laughing. Dope Comedy. Delivered Daily. Always On. Always Loud.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and managing paid, earned and owned social media tactics to grow and engage Laugh Out Loud’s audience across key platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snachat, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a robust editorial calendar for Laugh Out Loud’s social media platforms
- Collaborate with paid social team and agencies on creative and audience targeting strategies for social advertising campaigns.
- Analyze content performance across social media to identify trends and opportunities
- Work with a variety of content development resources (video editors, graphic designers, copywriters, etc.) to create social content
- Coordinate with LOL’s programming team, show talent and producers to create content specifically for LOL’s slate of licensed and original series
- Support sales team in development and execution of branded content initiatives via social
- Manage content posting and audience engagement across all of Laugh Out Loud’s social media accounts
- Identify and manage influencer engagement opportunities across all social platforms.
- Keep up on emerging social media tips, tricks, sites, case studies, and innovation tools to maximize c community engagement
- Provide routine reporting on audience development and engagement KPIS across platforms.
Experience & Skills:
- 5 – 7 years of experience working with social media, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Familiarity with social media platforms, as well as passion for innovation and discovering emerging platforms
- Social Agency, Digital Publisher or MCN experience preferred
- Hands-on experience using and acting on data collected from social/digital insights tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have a strong sense of humor and passion for comedy and pop culture
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.