Summary of Position:
Laugh Out Loud is a joint venture between Lionsgate Entertainment and Kevin Hart. Launching this summer, the over-the-top streaming service will be the only home for non-stop laughs and viral comedy content from Hart and some of the freshest voices in comedy. We are looking for an energetic, creative, passionate and fun Manager, Social Media who wholeheartedly embraces LOL mission and has a great sense of humor. LOL offers an exciting ‘start-up’ environment that is backed by two key players in the entertainment industry. The successful candidate will need that ‘can do’ attitude that will turn this new business into a leader digital entertainment. He/she should have a longstanding, deep love for comedy and popular culture.
The Manager, Social Media will be responsible for developing strategies to grow audiences and drive engagement across and LOL’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snachat, etc.).
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with fans and talent.
- Creating entertainment, promotional content (memes, gifs, written editorial posts)
- Coordinating with LOL’s programming team, show talent and producers to create content specifically for LOL’s slate of licensed and original series
- Curate and comment on topical content from around the web to drive audience engagement and brand relevancy
- Apply a social lens to existing brand content and messaging—tailor all items appropriately by channel.
- Assist with tracking performance and comments on promos across all social channels
- Identify and manage influencer engagement opportunities across our global accounts.
- Analyze content performance across social media to identify trends and opportunities
- Translate content so that it appeals to the different user experiences and consumption habits across different social networks
- Identify the most compelling visuals to accompany content, and package those for effective sharing
Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience working with social media, preferably in the entertainment industry .
- Familiarity with social media platforms, as well as passion for innovation and discovering emerging platforms
- Social Agency, Digital Publisher or MCN experience preferred
- Must have a strong sense of humor and passion for comedy.
- Photoshop photo editing and Premiere (or equivalent) video editing skills a plus
- Coordinate responsive advertising spends on Facebook posts; identify the posts that are performing or will perform for the audience
- Hands-on experience using and acting on data collected from social/digital insights tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.