Summary of Position:
Laugh Out Loud is an LA based joint venture between Lionsgate Entertainment and Kevin Hart. Launching this summer, the over-the-top streaming service will be the only home for non-stop laughs and viral comedy content from Hart and some of the freshest voices in comedy. We are looking for an energetic, creative, passionate and fun Manager, Digital Marketing who wholeheartedly embraces LOL mission and has a great sense of humor. LOL offers an exciting ‘start-up’ environment that is backed by two key players in the entertainment industry. The successful candidate will need that ‘can do’ attitude that will turn this new business into a leader digital entertainment. He/she should have a longstanding, deep love for comedy and popular culture.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in entertainment and/or digital marketing. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (analyzing behavioral data, executing marketing campaigns, and solving problems). Detail orientation, analytical ability, a can-do attitude and the ability to move nimbly will be key to your success. You must be a passionate advocate for the customer but also be able to balance that with the growth needs and expectations for this service. You also need to fit into a fast and highly energetic environment and have a great sense of humor.
- In close partnership with SVP, Marketing, lead digital marketing strategy, customer acquisition, creative development and execution for LOL.
- Drive strategy, execution and measurement of cross-channel (Social, Mobile, Email, Site, etc.) marketing campaigns that will drive reach, engagement, subscriptions, market share & brand awareness.
- Utilize proven CRM and database targeting tactics; promote best practices, leveraging contact strategies to optimize engagement and conversion
- Manage day-to-day communication with agencies and marketing partners ensuring all parties are strategically aligned, on-budget and on-schedule
- Assist in the development of brand strategy, bringing fresh ideas to the table that drive brand affinity and differentiation.
- Creatively build the brand within the digital landscape using marketing pillars (content, talent and partner relationships) as defined by LOL’s marketing team.
- Drive campaign optimization through tracking and analysis of KPIs.
- Drive new customer growth targets by understanding and evaluating which digital and social media channels will provide the most value for our digital spend (SEO/SEM, Face Book, Twitter, You Tube, Affiliate partners).
- Partner with s talent, producers and programming teams to create show-specific campaigns, that drive tune-in for LOL’s original and licensed content
- Mine LOL’s data, 3rd party research, consumer insights, and social listening to develop insights on LOL’s audience to inform marketing and programming efforts.
- Drive effective communication of LOL’s marketing expectations and results to the rest of the Marketing team and LOL executives as needed.
Experience & Skills:
- Four Year Degree
- 4+ years’ experience in digital marketing environment
- Deep familiarity with content marketing and social with experience across platform (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target a plus
- Excellent time & prioritization skills
- Experience with digital publisher or platform, streaming service, mobile app, or multi-channel network (MCN) strongly preferred
- Agency/partner management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven experience in coordinating teams and communicating to senior management.
- Excel skills for building reports and analyzing campaign data.
- Ability to learn in-house tools quickly.
- BA/BS required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to deliver against both shorter term tactical and long-term priorities.
- Passion for multi-channel marketing in a B2C environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.