Summary of Position:
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) is a vertically integrated next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, premium pay television networks, home entertainment, global distribution and sales, interactive ventures and games and location-based entertainment. The Company’s film and television portfolio includes the global box office phenomenon La La Land, which won six Academy Awards®, blockbuster film franchises including The Hunger Games franchise, Now You See Me and John Wick film series as well as the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, the fan favorite Nashville, the breakout success Greenleaf and hit STARZ series including Outlander, Black Sails and Power.
Lionsgate is currently seeking a VP, Labor Relations who can work with the TV group to manage the company's relationships with the entertainment industry unions, including WGA, DGA, SAG/AFTRA, IATSE, etc. The position will report to the President of the TV group and will interface with in-house production, post-production, business and legal affairs, marketing and finance executives.
- Negotiating, arbitrating and litigating with guild and union agreements
- Handling disputes that arise, as well as formulating the company's labor relations policies
- Working on all phases of production, including development, pre-production, production, post production, promotion and distribution
- Advising with respect to terms and conditions of industry-wide collective bargaining agreements with SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA, AFM, IATSE, and Basic Crafts Unions
Experience & Skills:
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- 7-10 years of labor/industrial relations experience with a major law firm, entertainment company or NLRB
- Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in house counsel
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and analytical skills
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.