Summary of Position:
The Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs position requires a talented individual who will handle a variety of administrative duties in support of daily operations for the Business & Legal Affairs as well as the Corporate Legal team, including assisting in litigation related matters (i.e., responding to subpoenas and discovery, drafting and responding to claim letters etc). Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, rolling calls
- Maintaining status reports, scheduling meetings & conference calls
- Drafting correspondence, agreement summaries, expense reports
- Maintaining the department legal files, proactively updating calendars
- Drafting agreements
- Legal research, analysis, and memo drafting
Experience & Skills:
- JD degree and admitted to practice law in the State of California (or pending bar examination results).
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and capable of working with confidential legal information (legal experience preferred)
- Possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat)
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.