Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
American Water is hiring an Assistant Treasurer for their dynamic team! If you are looking for an opportunity to be in a visible role, in a fast-paced exciting environment, this may be the role for you! We offer a tremendous benefits package including a well-subsized health plan, 401(k) and Defined Benefit, Tuition reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, generous PTO, and more... all this based in a beautiful new modern building right on the Camden Waterfront! Apply today for immediate consideration.
Responsible for supervising the Treasury Planning and Treasury Services functions. Provides leadership and guidance to fully develop a public and tax exempt debt issuance program. Responsible for short term and long-term liquidity planning and execution. Provides Treasury services to all regulated and non-regulated subsidiaries, and assumes responsibilities of subsidiary Treasurer. Directs the preparation of Treasury business plans, including quarterly updates for corporate and lines of business leads. Responsible for managing strategies related to the development of a complete and accurate cash management system inclusive of cash processing, cash flow reporting, financial reporting, and working capital management. Facilitate and coordinate banking relationships. Participates with senior Finance team in capital raising decisions for the benefit of customers and stakeholders. Provide training and development support for Treasury staff and junior leadership.
- Directs the company's public and tax-exempt debt financing programs, which range from $250 million to over $1 billion of debt issuances annually. (25%)
- Directs the company's working capital management and Treasury planning activities. (25%)
- Supports the development of rate case and financing petition testimony. (10%)
- Develops and maintains SOX compliant Treasury policies and procedures. (5%)
- Provides business units with guidance/strategies to achieve optimal capital structure and corporate liquidity while managing inter-company debt financing, all within a regulated utility environment. (15%) Liaises with and educates state operations, accounting, divisional financial services organizations and other key stakeholders. (20%)
- Manage Cash Operations manager and duties associated with customer payments and daily cash operations.
Knowledge / Skills
- Expert knowledge of analyzing debt capital markets and tax exempt markets.
- Awareness of applicable treasury and accounting principles.
- Leadership and development of Treasury staff
- Excellent communication.
- Kyriba expertise heavily favored.
Drives Safety Culture
Drives Vision & Purpose
Strategic & Learning Agility
Political & Organizational Savvy
Builds Effective Teams & Network
Experience / Education
- Minimum ten (10) years prior Corporate Treasury job experience required and four (4) years finance experience.
- Strong track record of investment analysis, leveraging capital markets to finance corporate initiatives and working capital needs.
- Experience preferably within the utility industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting. MBA preferred.
Indoor office environment
- Primarily based in Southern New Jersey.
- Limited U.S. wide travel to support business requirements as necessary.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Treasury Professional preferred.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.