Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a VP, Physical Production, Digital Studios who will report to the EVP, Strategy, Operations & Business Development for Motion Pictures and Digital Studios. The Digital Studios division produces low budget feature length and limited episodic content. This position will oversee the production and post production for all Digital Studios content.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review scripts in development to advise on viability.
- Identify and hire line producers for preliminary budgeting & scheduling and for production.
- Oversee line producers and production staff to ensure they adhere to Company requirements.
- Prepare, review and approve production budgets & schedules, including post
- Oversee administration of tax incentives, production cashflow and funding requests for the projects
- Collaborate with creative and business affairs executives on above the line deal terms to meet production budget targets
- Coordinate with marketing department to ensure marketing needs are met by production.
- Liaise with production and producer on delivery .
- Liaise with production to assess feasibility and implement branded partnerships.
- Point of contact internally and externally for all guild-related discussions .
- Review and approve main and end credits.
- Establish and implement production best practices for the division, including production manual, legal policies, delivery requirements,
Experience & Skills:
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a successful team and make a difference.
- 7-10 years’ experience in film production with some experience in TV production preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience as a studio or production company executive is required.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Strong ability to show initiative and multi-task in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels, and possess strong organizational skills
- Understanding of, and ideally experience with, relevant union and guild rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with first time filmmakers.
- Experience with physically producing programs on limited budgets and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.