Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Central Sterile Processing
Full Time/ 40 hrs./week, Eve Shift (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
Weekends required (weekend rotation)
Responsible for preparing sterile supplies such as sterile linen, trays, metal–wear basins, equipment, etc. for use throughout the Medical Center. Decontaminates, assemble and sterilizes supplies; makes deliveries as designated.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 21 to 50 pounds.
- Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing 20 to 50 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
- Manipulating and operating power tools or machinery.
- Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Work is generally performed in a clinical environment in which there is exposure to bio- hazardous material/conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.