Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: James K Min Lab
Exemption Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: 07
Manages a portfolio of projects related to machine learning in imaging and cardiovascular outcomes research. This position is responsible for overseeing the research, development and analysis to apply machine learning to solve problems in medical imaging.
- Leads and manages the full lifecycle for a portfolio of projects related to the annotation of large datasets of images.
- Manages day-to-day interaction and expectations for multiple large-scale projects.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Reviews high-level deliverables and quality across project portfolio.
- Implements Project Management best practice processes and templates to ensure cross-team alignment and timely, informative communication between collaborators, vendors and sponsors.
- Exercises functional, project-specific supervision of research support staff, such as software developers, software engineers and research assistants.
- Coordinates data analysis activities between collaborators, vendors and sponsors.
- Develops project status reports as required.
- Assists in the development of, and manages strategy and day-to-day tactics between collaborators, sponsors and vendors to ensure timelines, milestones, and reporting requirements are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
M.S or equivalent in a technical discipline related to data science is preferred.
Approximately 2+ years of experience in Program Management/Product Management.
Experience in cardiology and/or radiology research preferred.
4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or similar experience highly desired.
Hands on familiarity with data science and data engineering a plus.
Experience with computer vision in medical imaging desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accurately project time to complete tasks and communicate this information to project teams and leadership
- Proven ability to delegate tasks for efficiency of study workflows.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to foster smooth communications and teamwork among faculty, staff, as well as external individuals and organizations
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proven track record of successful productivity working both independently and in a team setting
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.