Are you looking to contribute to the success of a leading technology company? NetApp is looking for data driven students like you to be part of our Solutions Engineering team! You will have the opportunity to work for a company consistently rated one of the best places to work while gaining hands on experience developing your technical skills.
Explore a business where nothing stands still. Where your ideas can make a difference. And where you’ll be part of a collaborative, open-minded culture while you contribute to meaningful work. Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. Help us meet their needs as your broaden your skills, get exposure to senior leaders and jump start your career.
Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. And we never let them down. Continually breaking new ground is norm here. We make sure of it with an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh thinking. Right from day one, we’ll encourage you to share your views, challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and leadership programs that help you build on your personal and professional passions, you’ll develop your skills as fast as your ideas.
NetApp is looking for a diverse group of individuals for our System’s Engineer positions. As a Systems Engineer within NetApp’s Go To Market team, you are responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing and potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with the NetApp Sales team to support customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in identifying customer needs and requirements.
- Define elements of a customer's technical computing environment as assigned by sales reps or more senior level SE's.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
- Help define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
- Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
- Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary.
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2019 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.