Are you looking to contribute to the success of a leading technology company? NetApp is looking for data driven students like you to be part of our Engineering team! You will have the opportunity to work for a company consistently rated one of the best places to work while gaining hands on experience developing your technical skills.
Explore a business where nothing stands still. Where your ideas can make a difference. And where you’ll be part of a collaborative, open-minded culture while you contribute to meaningful work. Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. Help us meet their needs as your broaden your skills, get exposure to senior leaders and jump start your career.
Join one of our three major Engineering teams (CDS, CIBU, or SS&S) and see where you can make an impact at NetApp!
Cloud Data Services (CDS): By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
CIBU (Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit): At NetApp we build cloud infrastructures, that allows customers to get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds. To this end, our Cloud Infrastructure team wakes up every day thinking of new ways to: INSPIRE innovation with the cloud, BUILD clouds to accelerate new services, MODERNIZE IT architecture with cloud-connected flash
SS&S (Storage, Software & Systems): The Storage Software and Systems Group develops the critical technologies behind NetApp’s All Flash Storage Arrays, the backbone of high-performance and cloud-connected applications such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, container-based DevOps environments, and high-performance video imaging. We also deliver Software Defined Storage solutions that can be run in the cloud, in IoT devices, and in remote locations throughout the world.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
* Creative and analytical approach to problem solving and analysis.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced DevOps environment with a continuous cadence of deliverables.
* Proven aptitude for learning new technologies & methods including container-based environments such as Docker.
* Familiarity of concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
* Skills in automation development leveraging orchestration tools and frameworks including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, Jenkins.
* Work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals with high-quality standards.
* Ability to follow engineering principles and practices, but also able to develop new methods and approaches to solving unique and difficult problems.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to share ideas with NetApp teams around the world.
* Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
* Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to complex problems.
* Working with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts.
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2019 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.