Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure
If you thrive in a rapid paced environment and have a continuous improvement mindset then this position is for you! Reporting to the Sr Director of Production & Operations, the Sr. Manager – Forming Support will serve as member of the Gallo Glass leadership team and will be responsible for the creation, development, design and improvement of the organization’s products and processes in conformance with established programs and objectives.
What You Will Do
Manages and directs the forming specialists in the manufacturing activities of the Mold Shop, Forehearth, Job Change, and Machine Repair departments to include:
- Design, develop, and purchase mold equipment including job improvements (speed and weight optimization) and repair of mold equipment.
- Ensures the mechanical maintenance and improvement of forming machines.
- Manage both short and long term projects and ensures achievement of goals and objectives
- Lead the continuous improvement of work processes, staffing strategies, and skill development of support team.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a successful vision/strategy through strong leadership skills.
- Develops and maintains operating budget and capital spending plan.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years glass manufacturing experience including supervisory or managerial experience; OR HSD/GED from an accredited institution plus 12 years of container glass manufacturing experience including supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Required to lift and move up to 25 pounds
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years glass manufacturing experience or a Master’s Degree
- Skilled at working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Experience and knowledge with Emhart Type F, Emhart NIS and Bottero Type F IS Forming Machines to include servo mechanisms.
- Experience with container glass forehearth systems and glass conditioning.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Posting ID: 27021