Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure
As a Sr. Project Manager of Electrical Utility Engineering, you will be implementing large scale capital projects from cradle to grave while driving critical electrical utility initiatives including infrastructure upgrades and redundancy initiatives. You will be working cross functionally with the Executive Leadership Team to revolutionize the facilities through highly visible large scale projects.
What You Will Do
- Initiates and sells new concepts to Senior Management on appropriate projects that significantly enhance facility reliability.
- Leads activities of project personnel to ensure that projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Leads investigations of electrical-related issues, including root cause analysis as needed
- Develops recommendations to change critical electrical systems; ensures timely and accurate implementation
- Engineering best practices for enhanced facility and environmental compliance
- Conducts research and analytical studies to develop specifications for facilities projects and processes
- Prepares and reviews project proposals to determine time frame, budgets, staffing requirements, and available resources at various phases of the projects
- Prepares electrical engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with company, utility, regional electrical entity, and industry requirements and standards
- Reviews electrical discipline calculations and equations, including electric circuit calculations, 3-phase power and ampacity, impedance, sizing of conductors, calculation of losses, reactive power, verification of proper phase rotation, relaying calculations, short circuit calculations, and Arc Flash studies
- Prepares supporting specifications and scope documents for procurement
What You Need
- Bachelor of Science degree plus 10 years of experience in facility engineering, process engineering, or manufacturing reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience managing projects.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus 10 years of engineering experience in manufacturing or operations reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Extensive experience and knowledge designing electrical power utilities with reliability and redundancy considerations in the container glass industry.
- Experience with engineering projects and planning, automations and controls, and power distribution
- Electrical Professional Engineer license.
- Understanding of operational safety requirements in a manufacturing environment and ability to understand and apply regulatory procedures and requirements;
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Posting ID: 30941