Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure
If you have proven success at implementing quality initiatives that drive company growth then this position is for you! This highly visible position will require you to manage the development and implementation of Glass’ quality assurance programs, including raw materials, manufacturing processes and finished products in conformance with established programs and standards.
What You Will Do:
- Manages and participates in the continuous compliance, evaluation and auditing of quality programs.
- Manages and participates in establishment of vendor reliability ratings, probability studies of failure; consults with design engineers regarding parts design and application.
- Directs and coordinates inspection, sampling, testing, and packaging of supplies/components and finished glass products.
- Implements successful vision/strategy through strong leadership skills.
- Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and insures proper training of a staff that includes Laboratory personnel, Technical Specialists, Quality Engineers, and Field Service Representatives.
- Confer with management, customers and others in planning, scheduling and managing of quality assurance programs in accordance with customer requirements, engineering specifications, glass industry standards, ISO certifications, and production schedules.
- Manages and participates in the analysis and corrective action requirements for returned/defective products; prepares reports of findings.
- Utilizes quality feedback data from customers and consumers to drive continual improvement activities needed to achieve department and company strategic goals.
- Participates in research and development, engineering, etc., in formulating new products or in establishing standards for these products prior to initial production.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within organization.
- Participates in development and implementation of statistical process control processes that advance glass manufacturing product performance.
- Serves as liaison with customers on items of product quality and reliability.
- Reviews data on product defects, product response plans and product dispositions; recommends and implements improvements.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years Quality or Operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience; or HSD/GED from an accredited institution plus 9 years Quality or Operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience.
- Required to lift 25 lbs.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Food Science plus 8 years of Quality or Operations experience in the glass industry reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience or a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated expertise in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing solid conclusions as well as experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
Posting ID: 33043
Equal Opportunity Employer