Public Affairs Manager
The Public Affairs Manager is an integral part of the Public Affairs team, reporting to the Vice President of Public Affairs and working closely with the Public Affairs Coordinator, the Chief Administrative Office and General Counsel, and other internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will build proactive communications for the Public Affairs team. They will have agency and in-house experience managing a wide range of corporate reputation issues, spanning both proactive and reactive efforts. This person should have a passion for storytelling as well as strategic, data-driven communications. We are looking for a self-starter who can move fast, with empathy and a sense of humor. This role will involve managing the needs of both internal and external stakeholders, including executives and media. The ideal candidate has strong media relationships, executive communications skills, and experience building and executing on longer term creative, proactive campaigns.
- Build and execute on proactive communications on corporate culture, community investment, partnerships and operations.
- Draft a variety of internal documents from speeches to presentation decks.
- Advise executives on external and internal communications for assigned functions.
- Work cross-functionally with teams inside and outside to achieve goals.
- Develop strategies to track, monitor and communicate high-impact issues affecting the business.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Communications, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Power Point, required
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status.