The 49ers STEAM Education program is seeking a qualified, full-time Lead STEAM Educator to assist the department in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM education program, which leverages the game of football and Levi’s® Stadium as a way to spark an interest in K-8 youth for science, technology, engineering arts and math.
Primary duties of the position are:
· Daily support of program execution and logistics
· Responsibility for all experience-related communication to educators and administrators
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
· Logistical coordination of all program elements, including student lunches, arrival/departure, dealing with sick children, waiver collection, etc.
· Leading visiting school groups through tours of the museum and stadium, STEAM lesson instruction, working with visitors in exhibits and workshops
· Developing new lessons and experiences
· Leading and delegating assignments to PT staff
· Representing the STEAM Education program at educational events
· Working in concert with other 49ers departments to execute programming as necessary
Successful candidates are dependable, energetic, self-motivated, like working with people of all ages, show initiative, and possess excellent verbal and written skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, and desires to provide a quality educational experience for the participants in the STEAM education program.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Passion for inspiring, empowering and educating youth grades K-8 via the STEAM education program’s platform
· Ability to work enthusiastically, respectfully, and professionally with a wide variety of audiences
· Public speaking skills and experience working in group settings
· Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help as needed
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team work environment
· The ability to work a flexible schedule
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience
· 2 year of related work experience
· Bi-lingual a huge plus
· Experience working with school-aged children and the general public in a learning environment
· Experience with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology as needed
· Excellent knowledge of and working ability with Excel
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status.