The San Francisco 49ers are looking for a Staff Accountant. This full-time position will be responsible for general accounting activities including month-end journal entries, account reconciliation, and accruals. The staff accountant will also provide post close support preparing ad hoc analyses and financial reports. Partnering with key business decision makers to assist in planning and analysis will also be an important element of the role. This position will report to the Senior Accountant.
Financial Reporting | Month End Close | G/L Account Reconciliation
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist with preparation and review of month-end financial package.
- Provide support for Finance team in analyzing and interpreting financial results; assist Finance team as needed in financial planning and detailed modeling.
Fixed and Intangible Assets
- Identify and prepare monthly transfers/adjustments/disposals of assets and depreciation/amortization entries.
- Identify and prepare asset additions for posting; includes appropriately classifying asset types and determining useful life per GAAP, tax, and company policy.
- Run fixed asset reports (disposal, additions, transfers, and adjustments) on a monthly/annual basis.
Cash Management, Recording, and Coding
- Prepare daily input forms and maintain cash book for team operating account and other accounts as needed.
- Analyze, and maintain lender budgets, documents, and records for various internal and parties.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process.
- Perform various other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed. Desire to move ahead in their career/goal oriented and motivated
- Ability to effectively interact with people in various roles across the organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains) accounting system or equivalent preferred.
- Professional sports team experience a plus.
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status.