Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Do you want complete end to end process ownership of multiple production lines? Do you want to have a direct impact on the bottom line via strategic planning and the creation and implementation of goals, strategies and metrics? Do you thrive in a rapid paced 24/7 environment? If you answered yes to these questions then this position is for you! Reporting to the Plant Manager, this newly created position will be responsible for ensuring line teams are safely delivering goods and services with superior quality and quantity, on time, continuously and efficiently at the lowest cost.
What You Will Do
- Promotes business vision and develops strategies that align with functional and company goals
- Develops production forecasts and plans to achieve targeted objectives
- Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives to drive quality and/or production goals
- Develops and executes multi line business plans and coordinates job changes, maintenance, production scheduling etc.
- Develops scorecard metrics to monitor key indications in the assigned business unit
- Approves and implements changes to production methods or material handling procedures
- Ensures comprehensive change management and communication plans are in place and followed to ensure all key stakeholders are informed and engaged in achieving business priorities
- Develops and approves recommendations to systems, policies and procedures and ensures timely and accurate implementation
- Oversees and manages projects with a long term focus and impact and actively participates in significant rebuilds and equipment changes within a business unit
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulations
What You Need
Master’s degree plus 6 years of production, business operations, engineering, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 12 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include experience within the glass industry.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration plus 6 years of production, business operations, engineering or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Multi-functional experience in the glass industry.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting complex documents
- Experience applying principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Gallo Glass does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer