Manages and has 24-hour responsibility for the end to end process, including customer relations of one manufacturing line within Operations. Ensures line teams are executing activities that promote a safe work environment and delivering goods and services with superior quality and quantity, on time, continuously and efficiently, at the lowest cost. Direct reports to this position will be at the hourly level.
- Develops and implements a single line business plan and coordinates multi-departmental activities (i.e., J/C, P/M, Production Scheduling, etc.).
- Develops production forecasts and plans to achieve targeted objectives.
- Responsible for safety, quality, customer service, GMP/housekeeping, training and cost performance within assigned manufacturing line.
- Ensures that the scheduled quality production output is achieved. Monitor performance against budget. Report and explain exceptions. Develop actions to correct negative variances.
- Through research and analysis, develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives to drive Quality and/or Production goals.
- Ensures comprehensive change management and communication plans are in place and followed to ensure all key stakeholders are informed and engaged in achieving business priorities.
- Develops recommendations and implement approved changes to systems, policies and procedures and ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Evaluates and approves work processes that could benefit from best practice benchmarking and leverages advanced manufacturing skills and talents to promote continuous improvement. Ensures adequate resources are developed and available to complete and implement plan.
- Lead safety initiatives for the line through personal role modeling of exemplary H&S practices. Perform safety talks, hazard identification/risk assessment and accident investigations. Enforce safe operating procedures and identify improved equipment or methods that promote a safe work environment.
- Contribute to the overall plant performance and improvement by working closely with other plant personnel through the exchange of information and ideas. Where required assists with the performance of other lines and where required, provides absence coverage for other Line Managers.
- Makes recommendations to senior management on long range labor strategies and capital equipment needs.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, timely and complete documentation regarding all aspects of safety, environmental, quality and production...
- Collaborates with human resources in grievance resolution and ensures strict and consistent application of current labor contract.
- Balances daily management effort with long term plans in order to ensure continual business success.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff and ensures their ongoing development; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of military operations and leadership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
9 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Management or supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration plus 7 years of manufacturing operations management, or logistics operations management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Certification.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Knowledge of systems and controls terminology.
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical and business journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience writing articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Experience effectively presenting information to top management, public groups, or boards of directors.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Citrix at an intermediate level; Experience with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Experience applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
- Experience leveraging skills and abilities of front line employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and sometimes loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer