Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
We are searching for a dynamic individual who is educated and well versed in managing and continuously improving environmental programs in a heavy manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will serve as a leader in the Environmental, Health & Safety department for Gallo Glass with a primary emphasis on environmental compliance and permitting management. This individual will work with the EH&S Manager and cross functionally with site employees to ensure implementation of all environmental programs, environmental permitting, and ISO 14001 elements. In addition, the individual will support select site safety and industrial hygiene programs.
What You Will Do
- Serves as the Environmental compliance and permitting subject matter expert for Gallo Glass
- Maintenance and implementation of all environmental programs to ensure compliance with California Code of Regulations Title 22, large quantity generator hazardous waste, non-hazardous wastes, Title V air emissions, greenhouse gas, water, wastewater, spill prevention countermeasures and controls, and storm water management.
- Maintenance of environmental systems including ISO 14001 (EMS), CERS, and R3 programs.
- Works directly with the site employees and safety teams to drive a safe work environment for the facility through hazard recognition and hazard exposure control
- Supports select safety and industrial hygiene compliance with audits, sampling, and program implementation
- Provides Environmental support and guidance for key capital projects
- Provides technical expertise and interpretation of environmental and safety regulations (CCR Title 22 / RCRA, CAA, CWA, DOT, SPCC, Title 8 Cal/OSHA etc.) as well as Gallo requirements.
- ISO 14001 conformance by working with EH&S Manager and Environmental Management on environmental data, metrics, management systems, annual aspect scoring
- Coordinates site wide hazardous waste management activities and interface with waste disposal contractor and contractor representatives
- Environmental permitting for Title V air, wastewater, hazardous waste, storm water, etc.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of environmental, health, safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 7 years of environmental, health, safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biology or Chemistry plus 5 years of training/monitoring/evaluating employee safety for a manufacturing facility reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- CHMM, REM, P.E., ASP, CSP, or other nationally recognized certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry of Biology plus 5 years of Environmental Health & Safety experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibilities
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, client, customers and the general public.
- Experience working with the Cal OSHA Title 8
- Experience working with Title V regulated air permits in California
- Experience working with California Hazardous Waste Control Laws
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 40263
Equal Opportunity Employer