This employer is a glass bottle manufacturing company. The work is performed at an industrial facility. There are two separate work areas where this job is performed, Packing and Reselect.
- Include general housekeeping such as sweeping, scooping and picking up and removing garbage; recycling materials; cullet handling; moving materials such as boxes; cleaning equipment, marking bottles with a paint stick (hand painting) and regularly participating in preventive maintenance activities.
- There are four (4) work assignments performed as a Packing Utility worker:
Selector, SWA (setting ware aside), Relief Selector, and Re-select. The Packing Utility worker will rotate in and out of these assignments as needed.
- Each position has certain distinct functions. The Relief Selector, as the name implies, performs Selector or SWA functions on any given shift as needed in relief. Additionally, the Packing Utility worker may on occasion at the request of management cross-over to the bottling plant, work on a bottling line, and perform GLW (general line worker assignments). (See separate job analysis titled GLW).
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Required to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Required to be 18 years or older.
- Required to pass a drug/physical pre-screening test.
- Required to pass a background check.
- Required to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Perform assigned duties at a speed necessary for adequate job performance and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Standing and walking 6-10 ½ hours per shift.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, handling and grasping, twisting/turning.
- Lifting maximum 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- The primary working surface is concrete.
- Indoor temperatures fluctuate from winter to summer between 60-100+ degrees.
- Exposure to cardboard dust.
- Exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Required use of ear plugs, gloves, hairnets, and safety glasses. Sturdy supportive shoes with leather uppers.
Req. ID: 41481