Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
As a Human Resources Manager in our Gallo Glass organization, you will drive HR strategy, make recruitment decisions, and support business initiatives and organizational development by utilizing your skill set and partnering with Senior Leaders. You will be responsible for leading and developing five team members on the Industrial Relations team, negotiating contracts, succession planning, management coaching and much more.
What You Will Do
- Partners with Gallo Glass Operations leadership to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
- Provides expert knowledge of organizational structure and employee functions within the Gallo Glass operation to take proactive steps to enhance employee and department productivity.
- Partners with HR Director and Gallo Glass Company leadership to develop functional objectives, goals, strategies and measures that drive business strategy.
- Coaches supervisors and mid-level managers on how to manage employee relations and employee performance issues.
- Collaborates with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning processes
- Identifies new opportunities where HR can add a benefit to the business and mitigate business risk.
- Supports corporate diversity initiatives.
- Plans for and ensures accurate human resource metrics data capturing and reporting
Human Resources Management
- Participates in and supports recruitment activities for all Functions/Departments in Gallo Glass.
- Provides employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and employee exit interviewing.
- Conducts investigations relating to employee issues and claims; makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline.
- Conducts career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
- Participates in identifying high potential employees and mapping out their career paths.
- Coaches managers on performance assessment process
- Manages all communications, announcements and postings for Gallo Glass operations.
- Partners with Compensation team in Annual Salary Planning process
- Participates in developing, negotiating and obtaining ratification of collective bargaining agreements.
- Partners with union and officials to ensure contract compliance; provides site leadership in resolving employee issues within union contract compliance.
- Represents the company in legal hearings and union arbitrations.
- Ensures that hourly employees are paid in accordance to government regulations and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Develops, coaches, and mentors subordinate staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of human resources generalist experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resource generalist experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory or managerial experience.
- Experience effectively presenting information to customers, employees or management within an organization.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of human resources generalist experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Industrial Relations and organizational development experience.
- Human Resources experience combined with Union Relation experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer