Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
This newly created position will drive research and development of small to large scale projects and oversee new product development while ensuring customer satisfaction and speed to market. You will apply broad knowledge of package engineering to create robust design processes and develop and implement stringent test plans to validate product and process capability.
What You Will Do
- Leads new bottle development process from inception to production ready.
- Introduces lean concepts at the design stage resulting in reducing or eliminating waste and improving process efficiency.
- Recommends and sells new concepts on projects that enhance packaging systems.
- Leads and participates in cross functional teams to support new package introductions, ensuring the package can run on existing equipment or modifies the equipment to be capable.
- Utilizes statistical principles to determine appropriate equipment settings, and material choices.
- Monitors assigned areas of operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Conducts research and analytical studies to develop designs or specifications for products and processes.
- Gathers and analyzes data to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets function and performance specifications.
What You Need
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Packaging Science plus 8 years of engineering, manufacturing or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 12 years of plant or glass manufacturing, engineering or operations reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in project management.
- Experience with defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering plus 10 years of package systems engineering experience reflection increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in bottle design.
- Glass manufacturing or glass design experience.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job ID 58291
Equal Opportunity Employer