Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Are you a Sales professional who is passionate about selling in the West Coast wine region? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where customers truly do come first? Are you enthusiastic about the benefits of glass containers as the preferred packaging material? Do you support our ‘Buy Sustainable, Buy Reliable, Buy California’ market positioning? If so, this position is for you! Reporting to the Senior Manager - Sales and Marketing, this position will join our growing Sales team and be responsible for driving growth.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute sales programs for new and existing products and customers
- Identify and pursue incremental sales volume by determining new products that have customer specific uses
- Develop and strengthen relationships with customers to ensure a favorable standing in the marketplace
- Perform routine customer visits to ensure customer satisfaction, address quality concerns and register customer complaints
- Work cross-functionally with all levels of the company as it relates to quality and process improvement that support sales initiatives and addresses customer issues
- Understand the customer’s market and can develop and tailor sales plans to meet their needs
- Assist in the development of contracts; Negotiate new and renewed contracts
- Manage inventory in assigned area of responsibility and resolves shortage issues
- Demonstrate wine knowledge and bottle making techniques and can effectively present this information to and respond to questions from client groups
- Able to develop, monitor and track sales key performance indicators
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of glass container industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Associates Degree plus 8 years of glass container industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 10 years of glass container industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master's degree.
- Demonstrated success selling wine bottles in the Californian market.
- Familiarity with strategic sales processes for managing complex sales
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID 58505
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.