Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Are you a Sales professional who is passionate about selling in the West Coast wine region? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where customers truly do come first? Are you enthusiastic about the benefits of glass containers as the preferred packaging material? Do you support our ‘Buy Sustainable, Buy Reliable, Buy California’ market positioning? If so, this position is for you! Reporting to the Senior Manager - Sales and Marketing, this position will join our growing Sales team and be responsible for driving growth.
What You Will Do
- Executes programs through personal selling designed to maximize the sales of Gallo Glass products to wineries
- Conducts business from a target list containing up to 300 accounts in such a way that an appropriate sales volume will be achieved
- Gains knowledge of competitive sales trends and pricing in order to maintain specific pricing structures on all Gallo Glass products
- Uses data facts and figures to correctly make persuasive sales presentations
- Provides continuing and conscientious service to each account by managing accounts receivable, delivery and fiber requirements
- Maintains up to date account records and provides management with accurate sales reports and product tracking
- Develops positive relationships with customers and prospective customers
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of glass industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Associates Degree plus 6 years of glass industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 8 years of glass industry sales and technical experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience responding effectively to sensitive inquiries or customer complaints.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, and volume.
- Experience dealing with confidential materials and situations.
- Demonstrated success selling wine bottles in the Californian market.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID 58514
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.