Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
As an Operations Team Leader at the Gallo Glass facility you will be responsible for leading and motivating team members toward a common goal. You will have broad influence on the organization both cross-shift and cross-functional in helping to drive exceptional performance. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your continuous improvement skills through lean practices, we offer green and black belt certifications. At Gallo Glass, your career path is unique to you and the experiences you are looking to gain.
What You Will Do
- Leads and develop team members through removing barriers to performance, providing needed resources and clearly setting goals
- Develops a sense of ownership among department individuals and teams
- Champion the 4E’s (Engages, Enlists, Envisions, and Executes)
- Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Utilize Lean methodologies and tools to continuously improve business processes and drive out waste
- Embrace change and lead team members through change
What You Need
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of military operations and leadership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 6 years of production, operations, or logistics experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to work a rotating day and graveyard shift schedule.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration plus 4 years of manufacturing operations management, or logistics operations management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory experience including leading high-performance work teams and providing motivation to achieve plan goals.
Gallo Glass does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID 58981
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.