Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
This employer is a glass bottle manufacturing company. The work is performed at an industrial facility. This work assignment provides operator relief and performs general cleaning and maintenance of the area, and functions as an Operator Apprentice.
- Operator functions. Fills in for 2 to 3 operators on a staggered basis during their lunch/rest breaks. Performs all functions of an operator as outlined in the essential functions analysis for the position. Visually monitors operation of the machine. Monitors the quality of the ware produced by the machine. Periodically weighs and measures ware samples. Swabs the machine as needed.
- Cleans floors, stairs and catwalks. Uses a broom and shovel to sweep and remove broken glass for floors around the mold machines. Uses a hose and nozzle to wash floors, stairs and catwalks with pressurized hot water.
- Lubricates mold machines. Uses a hand held, lever type grease gun to lubricate moving parts.
- Positions supplies at appropriate machines (shops). Obtains gloves, swabs, and buckets of swab dope from the supply area and positions them at each machine for use by the operators.
- Changes blanks, molds and rings. Assists operator and /or upkeep person to change worn/damaged blanks, molds and rings.
- Obtains necessary components from heating oven and loads them onto a cart which is pushed/pulled to a position adjacent to the machine.
- Stops operation of the machine and verifies that it is totally deactivated. Uses a hand wrench to loosen nuts/bolts which secure the components to the machine. Lifts and removes the components from the machine and positions the replacements in place. Tightens nuts/bolts.
- Activates the machine and monitors proper operation. Uses cart to return used components to a table for pick up by repair personnel.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to push and pull 50 pounds.
- Required to pass WorkKeys Assessments (Workplace Observation-3, Graphic Literacy-4 and Applied Technology-4).
- Required to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience operating and monitoring mold machines which fabricate glass containers.
- Knowledge of glass molding machinery.
- Perform assigned duties at a speed necessary for adequate job performance and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and walk up to 90 percent of the workday, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, lift, handle and grasp, twist/turn.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to slippery or uneven walking surfaces, dust, and fumes. The primary working surface is concrete. Indoor temperatures fluctuate from winter to summer between 80-110+ degrees.
Req ID 59180
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.