Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Are you a Process Engineer who loves data complexity and problem solving? Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Engineering, you will be responsible for running statistical data analysis as well as applying fundamental engineering concepts within the Gallo Glass organization. You will assist in the investigation and resolution of process problems along with identifying improvement opportunities. This is an extremely unique opportunity to influence many sides of our complex business as well as gain exposure and knowledge in lean manufacturing.
What You Will Do
- Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems
- Identifies improvements or modification opportunities in sequence of operations, equipment utilization
- Qualify new technology from inception to full scale production through standardized work
- Conducts research and analytical studies to develop designs or specifications for products and processes
- Monitors assigned areas of operations ensuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet function and performance specifications
- Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule
What You Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 3 years of manufacturing, packaging, chemical, mechanical, industrial or process engineering experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Formal continuous improvement experience (Lean Six Sigma or Total Quality Management).
- Experience with defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
Gallo Glass does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job ID - 59902
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.