Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Do you thrive in a rapid paced environment? Do you want to have a direct impact on the creation of higher valued products? Are you skilled at working in a data rich environment? If you answered yes to these questions then this position is for you! Reporting to the Director of Furnace & Batch, the Manager – Furnace & Batch will manage and direct the furnace and batch operations to ensure the highest standards for glass quality and color. Serving as a member of the Gallo Glass leadership team, you will be responsible for the creation, development, design and improvement of the organization’s products and processes in conformance with established programs and objectives.
What You Will Do
- Plan and direct the operation of the furnace and batch departments.
- Responsible for glass quality, color, and in-house cullet levels and quality.
- Manage and oversee changes to batch formulas.
- Ensure effective operation and improvements to the furnace and batch areas.
- Develops and approves recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures and ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Lead the continuous improvement of work processes, staffing strategies, and skill development of support team.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a successful vision/strategy through strong leadership skills.
- Develops and maintains operating budget and capital spending plan.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years glass manufacturing/furnace experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience or a High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 12 years glass manufacturing/furnace experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience.
- Required to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic or Chemical Engineering, plus 8 years glass manufacturing/furnace experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Skilled at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Jod ID 60407
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.