Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast, and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure.
Do you thrive in a rapid paced environment? Are you a problem solver that can provide detailed strategies to meet business initiatives? If you answered yes to these questions then this position is for you! Reporting to the Manager of Furnace & Batch, the Technical Specialist will be the subject matter expert that will have a significant impact on the business. You will develop strategies to satisfy business objectives and will serves as the technical liaison offering recommendations/proposals and successfully carrying-out organizational initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Provides department leaders, business unit leaders, and the executive leadership team members with recommendations on complex operational issues.
- Identifies business drivers using advanced statistical techniques as well as integration of competitive information
- Provides leaders with decision-making frameworks, analytic guidance and business judgment to drive high-level projects.
- Analyzes complex process and business requirements to determine operational feasibility relating to furnace health and quality.
- Serves as a liaison between Batch and Furnace department and other Glass departments to problem solve quality issues.
- Communicates furnace quality issues with vendor and implements solutions.
- Evaluates underlying operational risks; leads the development and implementation of viable plans to mitigate risks.
- Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Provides technical leadership and business expertise to management and peers on complex projects; takes action in directing evaluating project issues and recommending appropriate business solutions.
What You Need
- Master of Science degree plus 3 years of engineering, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility or a Bachelor of Science degree plus 5 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility or a High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 14 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master of Science degree plus 3 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in the glass industry.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job ID 60419
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.