- Writes job plans in the maintenance, repair, modification and troubleshooting of plant mechanical equipment.
- Writes testing plans following maintenance, inspection and repair on mechanical plant equipment.
- Writes preventive maintenance plans on plant equipment. Identifies problems, defects and failures that degrade component and system integrity and reliability. Assists Engineering with testing and evaluations.
- Proposes design changes that improve efficiency and safety. Interfaces with regulatory and industry representatives in support of station activities. Updates work management and scheduling software programs.
- Assists with development of post work critiques. Facilitates interface between work groups. Identifies deficiencies, analyzes alternatives and recommends solutions to schedule conflicts. Communicates technical information, concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Observes and ensures compliance with procedures and policies. Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
Minimum education required of the position
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Desired: B.S. Degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or vocational, trade school, apprentice program, or equivalent military training.
Minimum experience required of the position
- 2 years nuclear power plant experience.
- Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operations.
- Desired: Welding Planning Experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Desired: Ability to make semi-technical calculations involved in the plant maintenance area.
- Ability to use required tools and equipment and possess capability to write complex repair plans and adjustments on plant equipment.
- Familiarity with company safety rules.
- Ability to read prints and the ability to write troubleshooting and repair plans on plant equipment.
- Desired: Proficiency with Asset Suit
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Primary Location: Louisiana-Killona
Job Function: Nuclear
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 85096
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.