At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of 28 active natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities with the capacity to generate more than 18,000 megawatts and is building nearly 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
**This position may be filled by an Engineer I, II, III, or Sr. based up on the candidates experience**
Provide engineering and technical oversight in the various Power Generation environments such as: Plants, Plant support, and Fleet Maintenance.
- Support Plant NERC Champion to ensure that testing of NERC related devices are coordinated with Compliance Technical Specialists. Assist with the facilitation of the self-certification process for NERC Reliability Standards. Provide guidance and support to plant staff to help ensure compliance related tasks are performed as prescribed in Fossil Generation NERC procedures.
- Champion of Causal Analysis/ Lead and assist in causal analysis of plant component failures, environmental and NERC compliance related items, and operational events.
- Conduct project management and technical oversight. Coordinate and execute betterment capital and O&M projects, interface with plant production and maintenance, project personnel, and other stake holders. Ensure plant modification process is followed on projects. Provide project and maintenance troubleshooting of equipment to address issues in a timely manner. Provide oversight of engineering activities of external firms, including development of work scopes, and solicitation and evaluation of proposals, project planning and controls, review of deliverables, installation support, and start-up assistance.
- Monitor plant Key Performance Indicators, support plant staff in establishing action plans to close gaps, and track action plan progress through completion. Support strategic planning processes such as Stage Gate Process and Plant Modification Process.
- Ensure technical resources are available to assist in daily operations/maintenance activities. Provide expert level consultation associated with applicable equipment. E.g. turbine - generator, boiler, auxiliaries, etc. Support and implement standards such as Predictive Maintenance Standard.
- Provide interface with equipment OEMs. Provide engineering support for plant modifications
Minimum education required of the position
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Desired: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Minimum experience required of the position
- Engineer I: 0-2 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer II: at least 2-4 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer III: at least 4-6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Sr Engineer: at least 6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Desired: Power Generation experience preferred or other industrial experience with boiler and turbine operation
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- Power plant operations knowledge with working experience at a generating station
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multi-projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and/or leadership skills
- Self-starter, independent worker, self-motivator
- Expertise in Generation Protection Systems design, operation, and maintenance
- Proficient technical expertise with computer software and database development
- Skills in engineering analysis, problem solving and condition assessment
- Thorough understanding of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area
Any certificates, licenses, etc., required for the position